Spieth completed his round in semi-darkness which left 30 p | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
jcy123
jcy123 Dec 4
Alabama reserve defensive back Maurice Smith said Monday that hes willing to go as far as it takes in his ongoing battle with the Crimson Tide, who have blocked his request to join SEC rival Georgia as a graduate transfer. Cheap Seahawks Store .In an interview with AL.com, Smith made his first public comments about his battle with the school, saying?hes determined to see the process through because he believes it is bigger than me.I believe that this will not only help me but help anyone else who comes into my situation in the future, Smith, a senior who graduated from Alabama in three years, said in the interview. Thats why I say its almost bigger than me because not only am I stepping out on faith but Im trying to get a point across that if you do everything right you should be awarded what is better for you or best for you if thats something you choose to do.Theres really not a deadline. Im willing to go as far as it takes to play the season at the school that I desire, which is Georgia.In mid-June, AL.com reported that Smith was seeking to leave Alabama as a graduate transfer, which would make him eligible to play immediately at another school.Saban addressed the issue last week, citing an SEC rule that restricts players from transferring to another SEC school, except under unique circumstances.I know theres a lot of talk out there and interest in the Maurice Smith deal, Saban said. Nothing has changed. We support the SEC rule of not granting guys release to go to other SEC schools. It has been our policy here not to do that unless there was a special circumstance.Saban also said Smith had opportunities to go to schools outside the SEC, but that he and the staff had told Smith he would be a significant contributor this season if he stayed. Alabama opened camp last Wednesday.We have told him, Because we support the SEC rule, it would not be in your best interest to have to sit out. If you want to go someplace else [outside the SEC], wed be glad to help you do that, Saban said.In the AL.com interview, Smith expressed disappointment that what he felt was going to be a simple transfer has transpired into something far greater.Theres a lot of adversity thats been thrown at me, the university, coach [Nick] Saban, and its really making it something that its really not, Smith said to AL.com. I believe it was something that was just as simple as a transfer. But now its kind of transpired into something far greater, and a lot of bad things have been coming out of this. Its just very disappointing because I never meant to hurt anyone. ... I just feel like Ive earned the right to better myself my last year and go into this season without any doubts.Honestly, its not what everyone is making it out to be. Its not personal. I feel like its whats best for me for my senior year. And this is a hard decision, of course, because I have so much love for all my teammates and all of the staff and everyone for the university, especially all of the love that theyve shown me over these last three years. And its really a business decision. Its not meant to cause any hurt or harm to the university, to the coaches or to make anyone look bad appearance-wise. Black Friday Seahawks Jerseys .Y. -- Paul Byron and Matt Stajan scored as the Calgary Flames started a five-game road trip with a 2-1 overtime win over the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday afternoon. Cheap Seahawks Jerseys . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. http://www.cheapseahawksjerseys.net/ . Philadelphia is 2-0 against the Senators this season and scored five goals in each victory. The Flyers recorded a 5-0 win in Ottawa on Nov. 12 and then earned a 5-2 home decision on Nov. 19. The Flyers have claimed three straight and four of the last five encounters with the Sens overall and Philly has won two in a row and three of its past four tests in Canadas capital city.Sergio Garcia is tied for the lead after the opening day of the AT&T Byron Nelson tournament in Dallas, thanks to a seven-under par 63 on Thursday. Pre-tournament favourite Jordan Spieth is one stroke adrift following a 64 that yielded seven birdies and a solitary bogey, as well as equal halves of 32. Highlights from the opening round of the AT&T Byron Nelson from Irvin Texas Garcia, the 2004 champion who has not triumphed on the PGA Tour for almost four years but finished second at the Honda Classic earlier this season, looks in great form to contend in Texas this weekend. Rain delayed the Spaniards round at TPC Four Seasons Resort in Irving and he was quiet early on, starting at the 10th hole and reaching the turn at one-under after a birdie three at the 15th.However, he was sensational on the front nine, which he covered in just 29 shots, kicked off by a birdie two at the second following a superb tee shot, which landed close to the pin.Further birdies followed on the fourth and sixth before the 36-year-old rolled in an eagle putt of almost 60-feet at the sseventh. Cyber Monday Seahawks Jerseys. Another birdie at the eighth meant Garcia had picked up five shots in as many holes to climb to the top of the leaderboard.He is competing in his 301st PGA Tour event and he admitted it took time to find his touch: I had a couple of really nice saves and then really got going on the second nine, making a couple of bombs that really helped.One of these bombs arrived at the 17th where he holed from 20 feet to save par: That kept me at one under and then kind of caught fire on the other nine..New Zealander Danny Lee and American Johnson Wagner are also tied with Garcia. Lees bogey-free round included a run of five birdies in six holes around the turn while Wagner, starting on the 10th tee,  played his opening nine holes in 31. Jordan Spieth misses a putt on the third green at the AT&T Byron Nelson The highlight of Spieths round came at the opening par-four hole where he missed the green with his approach but chipped in for birdie.Spieth made his PGA Tour debut at this course in 2010, when still only 16, and the world No 2 admitted: Holing the chip, I really saved a stroke-and-a-half on that shot.Took advantage of the easier holes and made a couple of mid-range putts.Lost a little control with my iron play on some pretty easy shots that I will look to improve on but other than that Im pretty pleased.Spieth completed his round in semi-darkness which left 30 players on the course unable to complete 18 holes. Dustin Johnson is also tied-fourth along with Spieth.Watch coverage of day two of the AT&T Byron Nelson on Sky Sports Xtra and Sky Sports for iPad from 1pm on Friday, and from 9pm on Sky Sports 4 HD. Also See: Byron Nelson: Ways to watch PGA Tour Schedule World Rankings Golf live on Sky Sports 4 Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share:

Social Services

Share:

Forum Topics