Were going to kill the golden goose. Everybodys goin | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
jcy123
jcy123 Dec 2
RALEIGH, N. Cheap Twins Jerseys China .C. -- The Carolina Hurricanes end a five-game homestand Sunday against a team that put them in a bad mood at the start of the season.Across the past month, the Hurricanes figure theyve become a different team since the season-opening loss to the Winnipeg Jets.Its a good redemption game for us, Hurricanes center Jordan Staal said. I think weve learned a lot since that game. Weve done a good job of finding ways to win as of late.When the Jets visit, the game will mark the return to Raleigh for coach Paul Maurice, who had two different stints as coach of the Hurricanes.Maurices team won the Oct. 13 season opener with a 5-4 overtime decision at home, rallying from a three-goal deficit in the final 15 minutes in the third period.We all remember what happened in game one (of the season) and we can use that as motivation, Carolina goaltender Cam Ward said.The outcome turned into a bad memory, though there were positive aspects to a degree for the Hurricanes.A lot of it went the way we wanted, Carolina coach Bill Peters said of last months opener. Weve got to clean up some details. ... Were a much different team now, a better team. We should have a little bit of revenge on our mind.Trying to tack on to a three-game winning streak is also part of Sundays motivation for the Hurricanes, whove defeated Washington, San Jose and Montreal.Weve been beating the top teams in the league and were feeling comfortable with our team, center Victor Rask said.This is a chance for the Hurricanes to extend momentum.Getting that last win here on the homestand is very, very important, defenseman Ron Hainsey said. Sundays game is one we have to be ready for right off the hop.Ward will be in the net again, with Peters saying hes keeping the lineup that has produced.I just feel like Im in a rhythm. Just comfortable and confident with what Im doing, Ward said. Were building some momentum here at home and its important that we respond.This will be the Jets third stop on a five-game road trip. The lost their second game in a row by dropping a 4-1 decision to the Boston Bruins on Saturday night.With a quick turnaround from the game in Boston, Maurice said the plan is to split the goaltending duties, meaning it would be Connor Hellbuycks turn Sunday.Meanwhile, the Jets are anxious to see improved results on power plays. The Jets were 0-for-4 on Saturday night.Weve put a lot of pucks at the net, Maurice said. Were working on other pieces of it.Sundays game will be the fifth in eight days for the Jets.Weve had a pretty hard schedule, said right winger Nikolaj Ehlers, who has had a strong November. For me, its a learning phase. Its exciting to play this much, this is what you want. I feel good out there right now and hopefully I can keep building this. Wholesale Twins Jerseys . PAUL, Minn. Cheap MLB Jerseys . Just not the game. Kyle Palmieri scored two straight goals in the third period to rally the Anaheim Ducks past the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 on Tuesday night. http://www.cheaptwinsjerseys.com/ . The Hall of Fame defenceman told Landsberg that he believes fighting still has a place in todays game, but thinks staged fighting needs be outlawed. Charles Barkley doesnt like that Kevin Durant is jumping on the Golden State Warriors gravy train to win a title and said he doesnt feel like a bum because he didnt cheat his way to one in his career.Durant chose to sign a two-year deal with the Warriors this week after nine seasons with the Oklahoma City Thunder that netted him seven All-Star Games, one MVP and one NBA Finals appearance but no championship.I was disappointed. I was disappointed like I was disappointed when LeBron went to Miami, Barkley said on ESPN Radios Mike & Mike on Wednesday. Kevin is a terrific player. Hes a good kid. But just disappointed with the fact that he weakened another team and hes gonna kind of gravy train on a terrific Warriors team. Just disappointed from a competitive standpoint. Because just like it meant more to LeBron to win one in Cleveland, it would mean more to Kevin to win one in Oklahoma than it would be in Golden State.Barkley played 16 seasons in his Hall of Fame career with the Philadelphia 76ers, Phoenix Suns and Houston Rockets. He was an All-Star 11 times but made the Finals only once, in his 1992-93 MVP season, losing to Michael Jordans Chicago Bulls in six games.Barkley headlines a long list of NBA greats who have never won a championship -- players such as Elgin Baylor, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Patrick Ewing, Dominique Wilkins, George Gervin, Allen Iverson and Reggie Miller. Barkley, who is now a TNT analyst, said he doesnt think it makes them lesser players.We develop this thing where you keep telling these guys, Hey man, if you dont win a championship, youre a bum. I dont feel like a bum, he said. Im pretty sure Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone and John Stockton -- we think were pretty damn good. We could have played with some of those other guys and kind of cheated our way to a championship. But there is this thing that started with this new generation where these guys feel so much pressure. Everybody wants to win.Im a big Chris Paul fan. Im sure Chris Paul wants to win a championship. And he could, when his contract is up, go join one of these superteams andd get a championship. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic. But it wont be the same as leading your team where youre the bus driver instead of the bus rider.Barkley did demand to be traded twice in his career in attempts to improve his chances to win a title, leading to moves from the 76ers to the Suns in 1992 and from the Suns to the Rockets in 1996. Houston won back-to-back NBA titles before his arrival, and Barkley spoke openly of his desire to play with the Rockets big stars before he was traded to Houston.The best thing about it would be getting the chance to play with Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler. We would be very formidable, Barkley said in July 1996, a month before he was dealt.Durant will join two-time MVP Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and Andre Iguodala, a core that won 73 games in the regular season but lost in the NBA Finals to LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers. The team Durant leaves, the Thunder, had the Warriors on the ropes in the Western Conference finals, leading 3-1 before dropping the last three games.The Thunder are now left wondering if they are good enough to win it all and whether they should consider trading superstar Russell Westbrook before he can leave as a free agent after next season.Barkley doesnt like this whole process.Were gonna have guys on bad teams making $25 million a year. And were going to have three or four competitive teams, Barkley said. Thats the negative of LeBron going to Miami, KD going to Golden State.First of all, the fans love their teams, they love sports. But theyre not going to go see Sacramento, Indiana, Miami, these bad teams where guys are making 10, 20, 30 million dollars a year and they dont have a chance to compete. I mean, thats where were going. Were going to kill the golden goose. Everybodys going to be making a lot of money, but other than five teams were going to be putting a shabby product out there. Thats whats going to kill the NBA in the next few years in my opinion. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share:

Social Services

Share:

Forum Topics

rkerolin
Falcons vs Buccaneers Live Stream
rkerolin 17 minutes ago
olrtoy
terms of nutrition you can't really trust... More
olrtoy one hour ago
jason113
MONTREAL (AP) Mika Zibanejad was in the right... More